Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Semen Analysis Results

My hubby & I conference-called our RE's office today to see if the results of his semen analysis were in. I was fully prepared to hear everything was good. I stayed on mute and let him do the talking.

Well, the nurse got on the line and told him that his test was "non-diagnostic" because his semen was too viscous and never liquefied. She said the doctor recommends that I contact them at the start of my next period and get started on Clomid and they'll do insemination.

Hold up...WHAT? That's it? They don't retest it to see if it was a one-time thing? That is our only option now? I called back and asked if he could be retested and they said that in 90 days he could try again.

I feel like someone punched me in the gut and took my breath away. I can't even let my husband see that I'm upset because that will make him upset and he's already in a bad enough place with not having a job.

1 comment:

  1. In a comparison of several other tests used in the determination of infertility in couples, a semen analysis report is declared as a standard procedure throughout the world. The standardization of testing the sperm concentration and semen volume is done for a more accurate calculation of sperm output.

    ReplyDelete