Saturday, September 18, 2010

Second semen analysis

My husband called and made an appointment for a second semen analysis this coming Thursday at the RE's office. I did some research after the first botched non-diagnostic one and found out it's better to do it in RE's office rather than hospital lab as the RE has more tools to separate the semen and sperm. I wish we had been told that before the last one! We only chose the hospital last time because there would be no cost to us, whereas the RE charges $100. In hopes of making his semen less viscous, I keep encouraging him to drink more water and less soda, tea, and coffee, and to eat more fruits and veggies. I can only hope that makes a difference with less than a week to go.

I really hope that this analysis goes better for him. We have to go to one of my RE's other office locations tomorrow so I can get a 9DPO blood draw. (There are four offices and one is less than a mile from our house but it's one of the others that's open 365 days a year, and I believe they are about 20-30 minutes away.) Well, I should say I have to go. My husband does not have to go with me but I thought it would be nice if he did because when he's coming on Thursday with his sample he'll already know how to get there, where to park, etc. and he can go straight to where he needs to go.

As for me, I was really worried that I'd get my period before tomorrow. So far, so good. I have been feeling a bit crampy the past two days but my temperature is in fact rising again. Crazy. I'm 8 DPO right now. If I did have my period already that would signify a problem. So I keep praying it holds off another 6-7 days or so. First I want to be able to get this blood draw to see if my progesterone goes up. And second, I am not ready to have my period yet. On top of that, who wants to have a short LP, which signifies a progesterone issue?

One of my good friends just found out she is about 4 weeks pregnant with her first. I am SO excited for her. I keep hoping I get my BFP so we can go through this journey together. I honestly was rooting for her to get her BFP first since I would have felt awful telling her if I was pregnant first. She is a good deal older than I am, plus she has been trying longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment