Thursday, September 23, 2010

My hubby is a stud!

My husband went in for a second semen analysis today. He was told he could get the results tomorrow but they actually called today already. They said everything was NORMAL.

First of all, liquefaction was totally COMPLETE this time. No viscosity! Woo-hoo!

Here are the numbers:
Volume: 3.6
Concentration: 141 million (They like to see greater than 20 million.)
Count: 507 million (They like to see greater than 40 million.)
Motility: 63% (They like to see greater than 50%.)
Morphology: 8% (They like to see 11-14% but 5-14% is acceptable.)

I can't remember the other thing she said but she said out of 1-4 he is a 3.8. I think it was some overall grade perhaps?

However, they are still recommending IUI, which I'm not thrilled about but OK with. We are going to continue to try on our own for a few months and then as long as DH has a job by next year we'll proceed with the IUI and some ovulation-inducing drug for me (Clomid or letrozole).

2 comments:

  1. Nice sperm numbers, lol! My husband had great numbers too, but a bit low on the morphology. Apparently it's not a huge deal though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like everyone's morphology is on the low side. Maybe the numbers they like to see are unrealistic? Thanks by the way; I'm so proud of hubby! :)

    ReplyDelete