Sunday, February 6, 2011

Second Femara cycle update

I can't believe I'm on day 8 already of this cycle, which means tonight will be the last night I take Femara! I did something that had me in sort of a panic. I started the Femara on Wednesday (day 4) and took it before bed. Thursday we had no power (ongoing problem here since October - but that's another story) and I also was picking up my "new" car that day. So it was hectic evening because when we got to the car dealer my hubby went over it with a fine-toothed comb and then they eventually had to rewash it because it was kind of dirty and it was hard to see if there were scrapes or scratches and they guarantee none. It is a used car place that sells late models with low mileage in good condition. We got out of there after 8:00 p.m. Then because we had no power (and everything in our house is electric including the heat and the stove/oven) we had to go get something for dinner. We came home and still had no power and called the electric company again (hubby had called earlier) and they said they'd send someone out so we waited and waited. It was freezing in our house. But they never came. I finally got tired of waiting and went up to bed and totally crashed. I never took my Femara (day 5, day 2 of Femara) so I took it in the morning when I remembered. Then I was petrified that I screwed up the cycle. I decided to just keep taking it at night so technically I took it twice on day 6 and not at all on day 5.

I posted on SoulCysters about it (yay! SC is back!) and several women pointed out to me that I DID respond to 2.5 mg of Femara but just not well enough (and they also said since I took my missed dose within 24 hours I should be OK). So that made me feel better. All this time I'm thinking 12 mm means I did not respond. So I'm back to thinking positively! I did respond and now having twice the Femara might make me respond a bit better. I hope I get to the point of Ovidrel and IUI this time! I want to get something out of this cycle!

No comments:

Post a Comment