Wednesday, February 16, 2011

First (and only?) IUI!

I slept so poorly last night! I am coming down with another cold I think, as I've had a horrible cough since Monday night. I was just sick five weeks ago so of course this feels too soon to have caught another cold. Plus I was so worried we'd oversleep that I did not sleep well. I was up almost every hour I think. Ugh.

This morning I had to satisfy my POAS urges and as soon as I woke up I did a pregnancy test and an ovulation test. The pregnancy test was faint and the ovulation test was very dark. I had a box of Clearblue Easy digitals (with the smiley face indicating LH surge) in the linen closet so I decided to use one of those too just so I could get a smiley face for once! It came up positive too. I wonder if this is as dark as the pregnancy tests will get before they go negative again. I guess I'll find out in the next few days.

Then after my shower I had to get my hubby up so we could get ready to go to our IUI. He had to produce a sample within an hour of our arrival and we were due to arrive at 8:00 a.m. He was ready in that regard by 7:32 but still had to shower and I still had to dry my hair and put on my makeup and get dressed. We wound up not leaving the house til 8:02. I was freaking out. We arrived at 8:07 and they took his sample but didn't call us back for about a half hour. The nurse asked if we'd ever done this before and we told her no and she said she hoped this was our only time and she explained the procedure and also explained that the doctor prescribed Endometrin (progesterone suppository) for me that I'll take for two weeks. She gave me the prescription and a starter kit. Then the doctor came in. The IUI was over pretty quickly. He told me it was his easiest one this week and he told my hubby that his "boys were beautiful."

I know this has only a 15% chance of working but I am hopeful anyway. I'm trying to stay balanced. There are moments where I think there is no way it will work. And other moments where I'm so hopeful. I pray this actually works but that if it doesn't, I can handle it OK and not become an emotional wreck.

2 comments: