Sunday, February 6, 2011

I don't often post twice in one day but...

...I really needed to vent and didn't have the guts to say what I'm thinking to anyone's face.

First off, we went to our friends' for the Super Bowl. This is my husband's good friend and his wife. They were the ones I wrote about awhile ago who were going through fertility treatments and then got pregnant while on a break from the treatments. I wrote how I cried and was happy at the same time when I found out. Well, tonight I am realizing it's going to be harder and harder to be around her. Her husband has a bunch of baseball tickets and he asked my husband to go with him one night in June because his wife is due in June and doesn't want to go (understandable). So then he asked if I could do him a favor and while he is at the game with my husband if I could stay with his wife in case she goes into labor. So basically I'll be baby-sitting the pregnant lady.

Then I come home from there and log onto Facebook and an acquaintance of mine wrote "Feeling a bit blue. Sometimes it's really hard being a mom." And I get that. I really do. But I wanted so badly to comment (but would never have the guts), "Sometimes it's really hard not being a mom when it seems every woman around me is a mom or will soon be a mom." Aarrgghh. Then another acquaintance is using a new app called Little One Pregnancy Calendar. That came up in my News Feed. On days like this I wonder why I have a Facebook page. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment!

I just needed to vent and get this out. I hate being this jealous person. I wonder when it will be my turn. I turn 32 this month and I guess it is really getting to me that I'm not even pregnant yet.

This too shall pass. I must keep reminding myself.

2 comments:

  1. I understand everything you're going through. I've been asked to "babysit" a pregnant woman before too, and I was so annoyed. Of course I couldn't say no though.
    I'm a glutton for punishment when it comes to facebook, too. I HATE that stupid website! And yet I still go there....
    PLUS my birthday is this month as well. I turn 30 and wow, I never ever thought I would have such a hard time leaving my 20s behind.

    So yeah, you're not alone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks, MK!

    I said yes too - because I have a hard time saying that tiny little word "No." Of course, this couple is infamous for putting people on the spot.

    Now tonight I get to hang out with my pregnant physical therapist. Yippee!!

    ReplyDelete