Monday, January 10, 2011

What a difference!

What a difference a day makes! First of all I realized I made a mistake yesterday. Estrogen level was 27 not 24. I know that doesn't make a huge difference but I just want to be accurate. I'll have to go back and edit yesterday's post.

So today I went in at 8:15 (my hubby came with me again, love him!) and I got Dr. Wonderful this time, yep, MY Dr. Wonderful! He was much more talkative than the others and explained more. He showed me that I have one 11x12 follicle on my left ovary and he wants to give it a few more days. Then they called with my hormone levels and my estrogen is 53 (almost doubled - yay!), progesterone is 0.2 and LH is 9. So I'm feeling much better in that regard. I'm going back on Friday at 8:00 a.m.

On the other hand, I finally had to go to my family doctor today. My coworkers kind of made me. I went to work with hardly any voice and a horrible cough. She took a throat culture but doesn't think I have strep and I didn't either. So if I do she'll give me antibiotics but if not, I guess it's just a nasty cold and I'll get through it with rest and fluids. I worked 9-2 today (normally work 8:30-5). I was late due to my blood work and ultrasound. And then everyone kept telling me to go home. I was tired so I did not argue.

I love my family doctor. She is so down-to-earth, cool, and funny. I told her, "Go figure, the month we finally start infertility treatment I am sick. I took Femara this month." She said, "Oh, Femara, that will make you so bitchy which in turn makes sex interesting." I laughed and told her we were having an IUI so I didn't have to worry about sex. (It's not that I don't like sex, I do! I love it! It's just that worrying about timing it correctly can make it stressful. The IUI takes some of the pressure off.)

No comments:

Post a Comment