Monday, August 16, 2010

DCI, HSG, and More

It's been a few days since I've posted. Let's see...what's going on?

For one I got my newest supplement in the mail today. I'm so excited. I first read about it in Toni Weschler's book and then I researched and found a lot of positive stuff. I ordered a supplement called d-chiro-inositol, or DCI, for short. I am taking this without my ND's recommendation but she doesn't feel I need it and I am just listening to my gut which keeps telling me to just try it! So I am, starting either tonight or tomorrow. I was excited about the service from Chiral Balance. I just ordered it on Thursday and it made it to me today (Monday) very quickly with the minimum shipping they offer.

I am also scheduled for an HSG on Wednesday (less than 2 days from now). I was able to get the RE's staff to straighten this out. They are going to me just do the HSG for now, which is what I really wanted. I'm eager to get it over with but nervous about the procedure and the results. I am going into this assuming my tubes are clear and that the only hold-up is my PCOS (as if that is some small deal). My husband is going to get a sperm analysis too, which should be interesting.

I feel like I've spent the last three months in a daze. I've been obsessed with TTC and my work was starting to suffer. I'm thankful that seemed to break last week and I've had quite a few productive days at work. I do realize that life goes on each month whether I'm pregnant or not and that I need to keep living and not get bogged down in this TTC journey/nightmare. I hope I can keep this attitude and realization up for the rest of this cycle at least.

I did have an itty-bitty meltdown on Saturday night while looking at pictures of someone's particularly adorable baby on that social networking site I won't mention by name. My poor husband doesn't know what to do with me when I get like this. I am not jealous of anyone else's babies but I can't help but wonder why I can't have one too.

And I will also be experiencing acupuncture this week for the first time. I rescheduled my appointment (originally for Wednesday) due to the HSG now being on Wednesday (which is the only day my local hospital does the HSGs). So my appointment is now set for Saturday afternoon. I'm trying so many new things at once that if I do get pregnant I won't know which supplement or treatment should get the credit. ;) I am too impatient to just add one thing each cycle. My first cycle I was on Ovablend, then my second cycle I added Vitex and cinnamon with chromium (good for insulin resistance). Now I just started doing abdominal massage at the very end of cycle 2/beginning of cycle 3 and also in cycle 3 I'm adding DCI and acupuncture. I read some studies about spearmint tea and hirsutism and bought it and am thinking about starting that too. I am cramming a lot of stuff in!

Anyone else have an experience where they sort of just forgot to keep working and then bounced back out of it? How do you stay focused on non-TTC things when that is the #1 thing going on in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment