Monday, March 21, 2011

All is well! 6w5d

Great news - the bleeding had stopped before bed and also there was no fresh blood this morning so I felt better just from that but I got reassurance in a bigger way... I called the doctor's office first thing this morning and they fit me in at 8:00 a.m. I got there a few minutes early and was taken right back. I was holding my breath but then there on the ultrasound monitor was the baby and there was the flickering heartbeat. I even got to hear the heartbeat today. It was amazing and going strong at 178 beats per minute. Ba-bump, ba-bump, ba-bump! I got a huge grin after that! Of all days for my hubby not to make it, this had to be it!

Dr. Wonderful was so funny. He said, "Cute kid, great heartbeat!" Here I thought I was the only one who thought that little 1/5" creature was adorable. :)

So for me there will be no heavy lifting or fun times with my hubby for a bit. Yay to the first, boo to the second! But everything looked great.

And they called later with my numbers. hCG is now up to 12,629 and progesterone is at 12. It seems to be a pattern now - 16, 12, 13, 16, 12...

No comments:

Post a Comment